Total Pageviews

Monday 10 November 2014

1982....A Memorable Year

Ahh.  The days when I had a full head of hair!  1982.  All I can remember is my driver chasing after UFOs -and a near collision with a bus- and climbing onto buildings and towers and walking over all sorts of places looking for UFO trace evidence.

UFO reports....lots of UFO reports.

Being quizzed by a Russian diplomat over UFO sights and aspects thereof.

The Falkland/Malvinas War.  A time when several contacts were arrested and I never heard from them again.  Their names have not re-appeared in Argentine Ufology since.

Planned expedition to look for a Peruvian hairy hominid that had to be called off because of my "position"....do I look like a spy here?  Cute and fuzzy.

Some great UFO incidents in that year from the UK and, of course, a good few reports from UK Armed Forces personnel taking part in the above war.

A busy time. 

And what thanks did I get when I 'retired' in 2005?  None.  I was swept out like the rest of the "no longer required" brigade.

My big mistake? Accepting Lord (Brinsley) Clancarty and Sir Victor Goddards offer and setting up the AOP Bureau.

But that aside -there was a lot of excitement and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment